SHORT TERM PROJECTS:
We believe that in today's ever changing commercial and industrial dynamics; that we need to offer additional options to our clients. Therefore Toro Safety Consulting, Development & Design Inc. has just recently begun to mainstream a new department within our organization. We believe in connecting Alberta's Heavy Civil Construction, Oil & Gas, Mining, and Mineral Exploration industries with leading edge Health & Safety Professionals. All while providing our clients with the required level of Health & Safety Advisor; we are also committed to the maintenance and continual development of our client's established Occupational Health and Safety program.
ON SITE ADVISOR OPTIONS
Option #1: IN TOWN / WITHIN A 75 KM RADIUS OF EDMONTON:
Option #2: OUT OF TOWN / CAMP:
Option #3: OUT OF TOWN / HOTEL:
Roles & Responsibilities:
While actively participating in and promoting these programs, we will be responsible for various task(s), including but not limited to the following:
- Act as a resource providing H. S. & E. support for line management and personnel within assigned areas.
- Assistance in the implementation of your safety program, specific to the project.
- Assists in the development of H. S. & E. strategies and implementation of corporate initiatives focusing on safety.
- Work with the H. S. & E. Lead to develop and implement strong H & S professional skills.
- Develop/implement H. S. & E. procedures for successful project completion.
- Deliver site safety orientations, support, develop and deliver H. S. & E. training.
- Implement and communicate all necessary H. S. & E. strategies within assigned areas.
- Application of safety directives and contravention notices as required.
- Assistance in investigating any accidents or incidents as it relates to Health & Safety, including the assistance in any reporting requirements and liaison activity with the authorities.
- External agency management (e.g. WCB, OHS Inspectors)
- Facilitate site safety meeting, and provide technical safety training as appropriate.
- General duties on & around the worksite as requested.
- Health and Safety compliance monitoring of direct and subcontractor employees as it relates to workplace conditions and work practices and procedures.
- Near miss reporting, job hazard analysis and ensuring compliance with corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Review and field audit contractor FLHA/JSA plans and their adherence to Fed/Provincial/Municipal and corporate requirements.
- Triplicate inspection safety reports provided to client indicating the key concerns, observations, coaching sessions and recommendations directed to contractors.
- Challenges the way we do business, sees the big picture and keeps an eye on long-term success by turning safety challenges into meaningful direction.
- Influence others through consistent model management `Talks the Talk and Walks the Walk` philosophies, solid business fundamentals and sound ethics.
- Setting an example and fostering enthusiasm for Health, Safety and Environment issues in accordance with the Client's Safety Management System and helping to establish a proactive approach of enhanced H. S. &E. practices.
- Work with H. S. & E. lead and line management to develop and H. S. & E. culture that truly believes in the goal that "all incidents can be prevented".